Hi guys, Brian here, my Visa just got approved today. Here's how it went:
Visa officer (VO): Good morning
Me: Good morning officer
VO: please pass me your passport, I-20 and the DS-160.
Me: here you go officer.
VO: is your name Brian?
Me: yes, my name is Brian
VO: why did you choose this school Brian?
Me: I chose Montclair state university because of two professors in the university prof Jiayin Wang and prof Jing Peng who have done extensive research in the field of data science and have been recognized as the best. They are the best and have always wanted to be taught and also work with the best. Secondly it's because of the coursework which is inclined towards the practical aspect of data science.
VO: how many universities did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 5 universities, namely(mentioned including Montclair)
VO:Are you in the Kenya airlift program?
Me: No
VO: what are your goals?
Me: I would come back to Kenya and establish a tech company focusing on data science consulting. (Interrupted)
VO: congratulations Brian, your visa is approved. Please pick your passport via DHL within three to five business days.
Me: Thanks officer.
My takeaways: Just be you, be confident, talk naturally and most importantly,DO YOUR RESEARCH AND BE SPECIFIC.

