Guys, I’m writing this for my brother who got denied his F1 visa twice… could you please help? Below is the detailed interview-
*****1st interview attempt- ************
Interviewer - very busy and frustrated American woman.
Result- rejected
VO- What course are you applying?
Energy…M.S…..M.S in Energy Management in New York Institute of technology. ( stammered a bit)
VO - Why are you taking masters?
To move forward in my career. (Also told something that this is the best time for me to do my master as he have some years of work experience and and not married)
VO - Where is the college?
Its in New York
VO - Where in New York?
Manhattan
VO - How many colleges did you apply?
Four colleges in total.
VO - Are all the colleges you applied in New York? Do you have any relative there?
Yes. Except one of them is in New Jersey.
VO - Oh…. Do you have any relative there?
My sister is in New York
VO - Whats her name?
Jasmin Paul
VO - What does she do?
She works as an estimator in a company there.( did not mention name of company)
VO - How long has she been there?
Almost a year. ( it was wrong info as I am here for 1 yr 6 months )
*2nd interview attempt- *********
Interviewer- a very calm American man.
1.What course are you applying?
I am applying for MS in energy management from New York Institute of Technology.
2. Why masters?
I wanted to study as much as possible before I turn 30. I am a registered electrical engineer in qatar with 3 years of experience. If I do a 2 year masters, I can upgrade myself to a C-grade engineer. For this same reason, my QID will be valid even after doing my masters. So it will be easy for me to find a job here.
3. Who are your financial sponsors?
It is mainly my parents. If a need arises, my sister said she will also help.
4. Where will you be staying in US?
First 1-2 months I will be staying with my sister until I find an accommodation near to college. She lives in Brooklyn and the college is in Manhattan. There is a 1 hour commute between them.
5.Do you have any documents showing your sisters name and ID?
I have bank documents. I had her ID with me but was not aware to bring them for interview.
6.How did your sister go to US?
She married my brother-in-law. He was there in US.
7.Where is she working?
She is working as an estimator in a US company.
8.Where is your brother-in-law working? Is he a US citizen?
He works in the metro as an engineer. He is a green card holder. ( this was wrong info he gave… he is a US citizen)
9.How long have your sister and brother-in-law been in US?
Sister- less than a year. Brother-in-law- around 3 ( wrong info too… )
10. Are your parents in US?
No. They are in India- Kerala
11. What’s your sister’s name again? and when is her birthday? (to check in system)
Jasmin Paul. January. (Was not able to say the date at that time)
Result - rejected
Guys, what do you think is the reason for him to get rejected ?
Was it because he gave wrong info about me and husband or is it because I’m one of his financial sponsors ( I’m his blood relative who is settled in the US )
Should he do any changes to his i20 form now before going to his 3rd attempt??
Please help !!

