Write a Composition On The Happiest Day in Your Life



The Happiest Day in My Life

       
        As I first faced this question to say about my happiest day -I was frankly puzzled because since my childhood I have passed through a procession of memorable days, all important for recognition in such a way that I could not for a time decide as to which of them are to be left out in my selection, as I am to choose only one and no more. I recollect with joy the day on which I passed out of the village school. It was a day of great felicitation for me. I was equally happy on the day when I was being led by father to get myself admitted into the best High School of the neighboring town.I felt so happy at the very prospect of such a change from the village to the town that for the whole preceding night I could not sleep out of excitement. Then again, how happy I felt when in the annual prize distribution ceremony of my High School I was called upon thrice to receive three first prizes and when every time I was to shake hands with the president in presence of my father. But, superseding them all, rises the day on which I received the news of having passed the year final Examination.

             None-the-less that day is yet preserved in my memory as the happiest day of my Life. There are reasons for thinking so and reasons of a particular nature and peculiar to me alone.
I was a fairly meritorious student and all hoped that I would get an easy passage with a comfortable first division. But I was very weak in English- a cross for which I was always dreading a failure.  My chance was lying in the standard of the question paper. But the paper that year was exceptionally stiff. So l answered some questions but could not feel sure whether I would secure the pass marks. When the result was out, I feared to come myself to know my fate and asked a friend, who was coming from a neighboring village, to ascertain my result and intimate me. I gave him my roll and my name was known to him. He made a mistake in looking for 6969 instead of 9696 as he lost slip which I gave him. It was found that the roll he looked for had got plucked and he communicated to me accordingly. I readily believed the information and broke it to my parents and others at home. I do not like to describe at length the tide of reproach that was let loose on me. I was the most wretched creature on earth. When the tirade was over, all my faults and follies, real or imaginary, being discussed in detail, my mother feebly proposed that I should try another chance to which others reluctantly agreed.

       Next day I went to the school straight and met the principal. As I proposed, with my eyes east down, that I had gone to get myself admitted again, he looked at me with astonished eyes. Then he asked me: “What do you mean?” As I repeated my former proposal, he burst into a laughter and asked: "Have you gone off your head? How can a passed student appear again?" Then he summoned the result register and showed me that I had passed in the second division. What a thrill of joy ran through my whole body!
      That moment-the moment I was on the road-I will never forget in life. Everything around seemed jolly and cheerful. When I reached home and held my mother in a wild embrace, she was literally perplexed. When I told her that I had not failed at all but had passed, her face beamed with joy. The news spread like wild fire throughout our big family and a radical change took place in the whole atmosphere. All who condemned me, now came forward and blessed me and spoke highly of me.

            Considered the background narrated above, how can I think of any other day happier than that? What can ever be more delectable than to have a dead man coming back to life?