USA F1 Visa Interview Experience For Bangladeshi Students - Approved #16

 


First of all, Thank you so much for creating this platform. I found this group is very informative and this group helped me to prepare myself for my visa interview.

Interview Date: November 1, 2022

Interview Time: 1.45 pm

*Visa Status: By the grace of Allah SWT my visa is Issued.

Profile:

BSc : North South University 

Major: Computer Science and Engineering 

CGPA: Above Average ( 3 above) (87-89%)

Job Experience:

Internship: Research Assistant Intern 

                   SPARRSO

Job 1: Private Company 

           Software Engineer 

Job 2: Private Company 

            Assistant Business Development Manager 

Job 3: Private Company 

           Business Development Executive 

Intended University: Unv of Florida 

But I faced interview with another university’s I-20 because I got 50% scholarship from that University.

(Chalaki korechi ektu)

Travel History: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand,     

                          Maldives, Singapore.

Documents Showed: Asset Valuation Paper ( Around 40 Crores), FDR (40 Lacs), Bank Statement and Solvency of my father’s account, Bank Statement (28lacs tk Transactions ) and solvency, Internship Document, Photocopy of my sibling’s passports.

Documents Carried: all educational certificates, all identification certificates, all job related certificates ( NOC, Experience Certificates, Appointment Letters, Salary Certificates, Leave Certificate), A letter from my sponsor, so on.

US Citizen Relatives:

   Brother- US Citizen

   Father & Mother : Immigrants 

US Visa Rejection: 2 times for Tourist Visa in the year 2017 and 2018 (I applied with a fresh passport)

Interview Experience- 

My hands and feet were shaking while entering the gate!

I saw minimum 20 rejections within that time.

I was so nervous and afraid.

I continuously recite The Phrase of Surah Rahman- “FABI AYYI ALA I RABBIKUMA TUKAZZIBAN”

Counter - 9

Me: Hello Sir! (Very confident and with a big smile)

VO: please pass me your I-20 and Passport 

Me: Here you go!

VO: Why you choose this university?

Me:First of all, This is a public university which established on 1887 and the university value is above average nationwide. 

Basically I choose this university because I got 50% merit based scholarship from this institution.

From my research I found that the student life over there is very colourful and the teachers are very cooperative and the teacher student ration of this university is 1:15 which is also a great opportunity for a student. 

Moreover the research area is also very good for graduate students and the alumni job getting ratio is also very high.

VO: Did you apply to any other university?

Me: Yes

VO: Why didn’t you choose that university?

Me: Because I didn’t get any scholarship from that university.

VO: Do you have any baby?

Me: No. I am divorced.

VO: Tell me something about your Remote Sensing Experience.

Me: (I wasn’t ready for that question.)

        I did my internship in SPARRSO which is Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organisation where I worked as a researcher and our project was on River Erosion. We collected all data from satellite images and then classified them using different machine learning algorithms.

SPARRSO selected six persons for that internship program from our institution and I was one of them.

(I forgot to show the internship paper)

VO: very good.

Now tell me who is you Sponsor?

Me: My father is my Sponsor.

VO: What does he do?

Me: My father is a retired govt. officer. But now he is a landlord.

He is the owner of 22 residential flats which are around 800sqft including one 3 storied building and one 4 storied building on 0.14 Acres area just beside Nagar Bhaban of …….

He also has one shop on 0.0087 acres area.

He has a firm house including 5.2 Acres cultivation land where he has a local dairy firm. He also has 3 fisheries on 4.2 Acres area and a orchard including around 2800 Matured Mehagani Trees on 0.26 acres area.

He is owner of another 5.2 acres cultivation land and so on.

(VO listened carefully and didn’t interrupt)

VO: Do you have any siblings?

Me: Yes! I have two brothers and one sister.

VO: what does they do?

Me: My elder brother is a computer engineer. He is US citizen. He is 15 years older than me. ( Wanted to show his passport, but VO smiled and said no need to show it)

My elder sister is 14 years older than me and she is a house-wife but his husband is deputy secretary of LGRD ministry. And my younger brother is a businessman and he is 12 years older than me.

VO smiled and pretended to give me a white paper( rejection paper) but then he gave me the blue leaflet and congratulate me with a big smile.

VO listened all my words carefully!

I am sharing my experience elaborately because I believe it will help others to get prepared.

Suggestion: 

Be Transparent and Confident .

Do not provide any fake information in DS-160 form.

Because they will judge you by your given information.

My realization is “ they select eligible candidates before the interview “ then they took the interview to make sure that you’re eligible.

Good Luck !!