Visa Interview Experience :
Date: 26/10/22
Status- ISSUED✨
Counter no- 06
Profile:
SSC-5.00
HSC-5.00
State University of New York, At Oswego
Bachelor in Computer Software Engineering
Interview Duration: 2min 30sec
Me: Hi!
VO: Hi! Give me your i-20 and Passport.
Me: Here you go.
VO: SUNY Oswego?
Me: Yes sir!
VO: Did you apply for f-1 visa before?
Me: No, sir! This is first time.
VO: Did you apply to any other University?
Me: Initially, I applied in 2 universities; Suny Oswego and University of Southern Mississippi and got accepted by both University.
VO: Why did you choose this University?
Me: Sir, I have chosen this University because it was my first priority as a study destination and they granted me 9000$ scholarship which is based on merit. The most important thing is within every major at Oswego you will get the chance to do some hands on learning. (VO stopped me)
VO: You have scholarship but who will pay the rest?
Me: My parents will pay the rest.
VO: Tell me about your parents. What they do?
Me: Both of them are teachers by profession. My father is the Assistant Headmaster in a semi-govt high school and my mother is an assistant Biology teacher at a semi-govt high school too. Besides that, my father has two big poultry farms and 3 big fisheries. Moreover, we have some private land properties in our permanent residence area. (VO stopped me again)
VO: Can you show me your bank statement?
Me: Here it is!
He was checking the statement and in the mean time I told him that I brought all the documents related to my parents profession including salary statement, Tax certificate, Trade licence etc.
VO: Show me the tax certificates, please.
Me: Yes, Of course!
Then I told him that I got a supporting letter from the sevis coordinator of my University and she told me to show the VO.
VO: Who sent the letter?
Me: Ms x, International admission and sevis coordinator, Oswego.
VO: Show me the letter please.
Then I gave the letter to him and while he was reading he just asked me was that the Ms x's signature. Then I replied, " Yes, sir!"
VO: Do you have any sibling?
Me: I have a younger sister.
VO: I am approving your visa. Collect your passport within.......I was unable to concentrate.
Me: Thank you sooo much, sir!
Then he smiled at me and said most welcome.
Alhamdulillah! ✨
Before me, VO rejected 4 students in front of me. But one thing I noticed that who gave the answers properly without any hesitation and with a smile got visa. I was nervous but when VO started the conversation I felt very comfortable because he was smiling while asking me the questions.
Thank you so much, everyone for helping me specially I want to Thank Banglaeduwd.blogspot.com and my mentor who had supported me a lot during my process, Ms. Keya Apu. Thanks a ton!
Best of luck, Everyone! 🤍✨

