USA Visa Interview Experience

 Hi Guys, I'm asking on behalf of my brother who has had 2 F1 Visa Rejections going for 3rd Interview


Interview 1 Dec 2021:

VO: Basic info questions (name, dob, etc)

Brother: Shared respective information and handed documents over

VO: asked me regarding my college and the course

Brother: CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College, computer information systems

VO: who is sponsoring?

Brother: Family, showed financial documents (note: actual sponsor was uncle)

VO: he then asked what does my family do here

Brother: I mentioned that my father runs a textile business

VO: next, he asked me what do I plan to do there and in the near future

Brother: I mentioned that I am focused on getting the skills through my education and applying it to my family business which I am to run

VO: then officer started typing on his computer for 10 mins

VO: Then officer concluded that he cannot give me the visa

Brother: I asked why

VO: officer said I failed to show home ties little to no connection to home

Interview Notes: Counter 2, Bangkok Embassy, Young Male, Rejected almost everyone in line 


Interview 2 July 2022:

VO: Basic info questions (name, dob, etc)

Brother: shared basic info and gave documents

VO: What's new that you have this time thats different from the first interview

Brother: I informed the officer of the house owned in thailand, business owned in thailand

VO: The officer asked for financial documents

Brother: I presented the official financial documents to the officer along with affidavits

VO: verbatim* officer said that what are these documents these are just a bunch of bank statements

Brother: I then countered by saying yes these are financial documents of my family who will sponsor my education

VO: then officer said "no I cannot approve this"

Brother: Then I countered by saying can I provide any other document to support..

VO: She said no I'm afriad I cannot approve this

Interview notes: Bangkok Embassy, 3rd Counter, middle aged female, according to other applicants around, this officer was specifically speaking to people who were rejected before


Our suspicion for rejection is that both times previously the sponsor was not mother/father but other close family members. The first time it was a community college but the second interview was Baruch College. 


Any tips for the third interview will really help, thanks!