Write a dialogue between two friends on merits and demerits of city life and country/village/rural life for class 9 - 10

 A dialogue on merits and demerits of city life and country/village/rural life.

Eva      : Hello, Shova! How’re you?


Shova  : I’m fine and you?


Eva      : I’m not so fine. I am fed up with my city life, so I’m going to my village home today.


Shova  : What do you mean? I can understand nothing. Please let me know in detail.


Eva      : Life in the city seems to me very artificial (K…wÎg). I’m bored of this city life.


Shova  : What are the troubles you face?


Eva      : Noise, crowd, dirt, smoke, bad smell (`~M©Ühy³/wekªx) and what not?


Shova  : It means you prefer a dull, sluggish life (GKwU Avb›`nxb, Ajm/gš’i Rxeb) among a set of illiterate people. There is no charm, no entertainment, no cinema, no theatre, and not even a good road.


Eva      : But you’ve forgotten to mention (D‡jøL Kiv) the green fields and the streams (†QvU b`x), the smile of flowers in village. Though people are illiterate there, they’re simple, innocent (wb®úvc) and sympathetic (mnvbyf‚wZkxj/`iw`).


Shova  : It is poet’s dream!


Eva      : But there is beauty of nature, peace and sacred (cweÎ) happiness everywhere.


Shova  : You must know that beauty does not help one in practical life. There are no doctor, no hospital, no good school in villages.


Eva      : But you can have fresh food, milk, fish, and vegetables in villages.


Shova  : Okay, live in your village and leave me for the city.


Eva      : Certainly! However, I would appreciate (cÖksmv Kiv) if you visit my village. Thank you.


Shova  :  You’re most welcome.