Write a dialogue between two friends on earthquake for class 9 - 10

 A dialogue between two friends on earthquake.

Milon   :  Hello, Monir! How’re you?


Monir   :  I’m fine and you?


Milon   :  Fine too. How did you feel when the earthquake (f‚wgK¤ú) shook the whole city last night?


Monir   :  Oh, yes! I just can’t forget the shaking (K¤úb) of the earth.


Milon   :  I can understand what happened to you.


Monir   :  Oh, my God! That might have been a disastrous (wech©qKvix) moment of my life.


Milon   :  What were you doing at that time?


Monir   :  I was in my reading room when the tremors (f‚K¤úb) started. I took shelter under my table in fear.


Milon   :  You did the right thing. Some of my neighbors were so scared (fq †c‡qwQj) that one of them fell down on the stair.


Monir   :  Oh, it’s terrible! Was he badly hurt?


Milon   :  No, but that got me thinking how we’ll remain safe!


Monir   :  Oh, yes! Think about the buildings of this city. The builders hardly follow any code of construction.


Milon   :  You are right. Most of the buildings of this city may collapse (†f‡½ co‡Z cv‡i) during an earthquake of a magnitude of 7 to 8 on the Richter Scale (wiL&Uvi †¯‹‡j 7 †_‡K 8 gvÎvi f‚wgK¤ú).


Monir   :  Oh, my God! I can’t even think what will happen!


Milon   :  It’ll cause heavy loss of lives and properties. The authority should strictly develop a code for construction of buildings to minimize (Kgv‡Z) the losses.


Monir   :  Yes, and all buildings should follow the code for construction as mandatory (eva¨Zvg~jKfv‡e).


Milon   :  Thank you.


Monir   :  You’re most welcome.