Write An Important Composition About First Day At College



My First Day At College
OR. The Most Memorable Day of My Life


          Introduction : All the days of our life are not equally important and memorable. Only a few of these days occupy a corner in our heart. My first day at college is such a day. I shall never forget this day. From my school days I heard a lot about college life from my college going elder brothers and sisters. I formed a very romantic impression of a college life. So. I was eagerly waiting for that happy and romantic college life.        

          At last the cherished day came. It was the 26th of October 2017. My joys knew no bounds. I put on my new dress and started for Yale-NUS College at 9 A.M. I was charmed to see the attractive and beautiful college building. I understood that the college life opened before me a new vision of life and I must go forward.

         The whole college campus was crowded by lots of young pupils both male and female. They were all unknown to me. I felt very lonely. I was moving here and there. I was in a fix where to go. At last I met one of my school friends. I was relieved. We exchanged greetings. We went to the notice board of the college and wrote down class -routine. There were many new comers. They were also taking the routine. I found that the classes are not held in a particular room. I will have to change my class room. From the routine I also learnt that there were intervals.

            First period : When the bell for the first period rang, we entered the room number 223. I found many students sitting. After a while, a well dressed, handsome gentleman entered the class. He was a professor of English. All the students stood up to show him respect. He called over the rolls. He spoke to us very softly in simple and clear English. I liked his speech very much. His speech was meaningful. I listened to him with undivided attention.

           Other classes : Classes on Mathematics and other subjects were held. All the teachers were  highly qualified. They were very polite and friendly. The professor of Mathematics delivered his  speech in a polite way. He cut some jokes and made us laugh. Now I can realize that a  college teacher is different from a school teacher. 

           The college common room : During off period I went to the college common room. I was  glad to see the college common room. It was well furnished. There were Newspapers,  Magazines and Journals. There were also caroms, table tennis sets and chess boards etc. I  found some students playing and some reading newspapers, magazines and journals.

             Assembly Hall : The college Assembly Hall was very attractive. It was well decorated and spacious. Meetings debates and other social functions of the college are held here.

                Science  Laboratories  : I visited the science laboratories.  It also gave me much joy and pleasure. There were many unknown and great things of the world. I found the science busy with their practical classes and experiments. I went to the college botanical garden. Biology Laboratory with frogs, rats, plants and flowers delighted me much.

                 The college library : Another attraction for me at my first day at college was the college library I found millions of books arranged in shelves. I had never seen so many books before. My heart danced with joy.
                 The college mosque, pagoda and gymnasium : I was also charmed to see the beautiful college mosque. There was a big pond before the mosque. The college pagoda for the Buddhist that stands beside the river Kallang presents a great scene. The college gymnasium is also worth mentioning. After the end of the class hours I went to the play ground.  I took part in football with some of my new friends. 

                Conclusion : My first day at college is the most memorable day. My college life opened before me a world of responsibilities. It was a day of discovery of my own-self indeed.