Composition & Essay On Recollections of Childhood

Recollections of Childhood

I was born in a village in the district of Lakshmipur about 17 years ago. My father was a school-teacher there. Our family consisted of my parents, my sister. my grandmother and myself. My earliest recollection is of my grandmother fondling me in her arms and chanting a nursery rhyme (ftu eflmTW). She was very fond of me. I aIways found the greatest pleasure in her company.    My next recollection is of a small park near otrr house where the chiIdren of our Iocality   gathered together every afternoon.I became intimate with some of them :d that intimacy   continues still today. It was there where I first saw a bear and a monkey. A man was   showing some tricks with them. Though I was afraid of those animals, I enjoyed their   pranks (Cq7F7tT Tflyp't7) very much.    The next experience was my first day at school. I was then a boy of six. When my father    took me to the headmaster, my heart began to beat fast with fear. But his smiling face and    sweet words put me at ease. The headmas  rrf ked me my rr, and some questions and I    replied them quite well. I was then admitte Xa  class one. The warmth (x:TlkZFqwST) with     which my classmates received me dispelled Wfs7rsT all my fears,     Of the recollection outside school, the memory of an old neighbour is still fresh in my  mind. He would often gather us around him and told us stories of our great men.  7ut Lhe most painful memory was the death of my mother. I was then barely eight. When her loving face and sweet smile flash upon my mind's eye, I feel utterJy forlorn (fmoWfi) It is a wound that can never be healed. Since then I have grown up and I am a young man now. But I still cherish the sweet memories of my childhood that I spent in the charming environment of my village. As to whether I would like to be a child again, my firm answer is 'yes'.